Thursday, July 05, 2012

 

Don Choleric Snapshorto de Testy

Colley Cibber (1671-1757), Love Makes a Man; or, The Fop's Fortune, Act V, Scene II:
Clo. Nay, madam, I have brought you some near relations of my own, too—this Don Antonio, who will shortly have the honour to call you daughter.
Ant. The young rogue has made a pretty choice, 'faith.
Clo. This Don Charino, who was very near having the honour of calling me son; this my wife that should have been; this my elder brother and this my noble uncle, Don Choleric Snapshorto de Testy.
Lewis Puppy!
Clo. Peevish.
Lewis Madam, I wish you joy with all my heart; but truly, I can't much advise you to marry this gentleman; because, in a day or too, you'll really find him extremely shocking: those that know him, generally give him the title of Don Dismallo Thickscullo de Halfwitto.
Clo. Well said, nuncle. Ha, ha!
If I were ever to change my name, I think I would choose Don Choleric Snapshorto de Testy.



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?