Saturday, October 18, 2014
Iuno, Vesta, Minerva, Ceres, Diana, Venus, MarsThis is the earliest example of asyndeton filling hexameters in Latin. Thanks very much to Angelo Mercado for pointing this out to me. I don't have access to Otto Skutsch's edition of Ennius' Annals.
Mercurius, Iovis, Neptunus, Vulcanus, Apollo.
- Some Lines in Lucretius
- Asyndeton Filling Hexameters
- Asyndeton Filling Hexameters in Sidonius
- Verse-Filling Asyndeton
- Verse-Filling Asyndeton: Some Greek Examples
- Another Greek Example of Verse-Filling Asyndeton
- More Examples of Asyndeton Filling Hexameters
- Asyndeton Filling Hexameters in Corippus