Thursday, January 04, 2018

 

Pork Products

Noel Coward (1899-1973), "Any Part Of Piggy," The Complete Verse of Noel Coward (London: Bloomsbury Publishing, 2011), p. 14:
Any part of piggy
Is quite all right with me
Ham from Westphalia, ham from Parma
Ham as lean as the Dalai Lama
Ham from Virginia, ham from York,
Trotters, sausages, hot roast pork.
Crackling crisp for my teeth to grind on
Bacon with or without the rind on
Though humanitarian
I'm not a vegetarian.
I'm neither a crank nor prude nor prig
And though it may sound infra dig
Any part of darling pig
Is perfectly fine with me.

Philippe Rousseau (1816-1887), Still Life with Ham
(New York, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Accession Number 1982.320)

Related posts:



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?