Thursday, January 06, 2022

 

An Unrepentant Sensualist

Alan Watts (1915-1973), In My Own Way: An Autobiography, 1915-1965 (New York: Pantheon Books, 1972), pp. 47-48:
I am an unrepentant sensualist. I am an immoderate lover of women and the delights of sexuality, of the greatest French, Chinese, and Japanese cuisine, of wines and spirituous drinks, of smoking cigars and pipes, of gardens, forests, and oceans, of jewels and paintings, of colorful clothes, and of finely bound and printed books. If I were extremely rich I would collect incunabula and rare editions, Japanese swords, Tibetan jewelry, Persian miniatures, Celtic illuminated manuscripts, Chinese paintings and calligraphies, embroideries and textiles from India, images of Buddhas, Oriental carpets, Navajo necklaces, Limoges enamels, and venerable wines from France.



<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?